The Field has two Fiscal Sponsorship packages designed to help you build, bolster and sustain your art making: Local Harvest Individual Sponsorship and Deep Roots Institutional Sponsorship. These packages aim to empower entrepreneurial artists by providing nonprofit affiliation, fundraising support, in-the-trenches advice from expert staff, and access to transformative educational resources. The package you choose will depend on your primary sources of income. All of our Fiscal Sponsorship services include Staple Crop Membership, which is described below. Click here to peruse The Fiscal Sponsorship Description and Agreement.
Note: Our fiscal sponsorship services are only open to artists working in the discipline of live performance.
Get More Services
- The Field accepts both checks and credit card donations for Sponsored Artists through your very own online donation page.
- The Field provides arts-centered business education through Career Workshops, Arts Management Intensives, Consultations, Toolboxes and Open Source Sessions.
- You are eligible to receive nonprofit discounts from any business that provides it. This can include discounts on rehearsal space, goods and services.
- As a Sponsored Artist, you receive personalized feedback on grant applications and fundraising materials.
- An available, supportive and knowledgeable staff is there to help you every step of the way.
- You can begin an annual contract with The Field at any point in the year as long as you attend a free Information Session, held bi-monthly.
Get More Support:
YOU CHOOSE WHICH WAY IS FORWARD.
Local Harvest Individual Fiscal Sponsorship
$250 Annually. Attend an information session to sign up.
Geared toward artists who are fundraising primarily from individual donors and small grants, Local Harvest offers everything under Staple Crop Membership.
- Receive tax-deductible donations of money and goods (including individual donations and matching gift grants)
- Get an online contribution page and tools to help keep track of contributed funds
- Receive constructive, individualized feedback on fundraising and grant materials
- Apply to non-institutional grants and small foundations
- Apply for up to two institutional grants per contract year, (fees apply)
- Access FREE round-table "member toolbox" workshops, up to four per year; suited for early career to established artists
Deep Roots Institutional Fiscal Sponsorship
$375 Annually. Attend an information session and apply to sign up.
For artists whose income and infrastructure are supported by large institutional and government grants, this package offers all the benefits of Staple Crop Membership and Local Harvest Individual Fiscal Sponsorship as well as strategic guidance.
- Apply to large institutional and government grants for FREE
- Attend FREE Open Source Sessions on topics suited for artists at the mid-career level and beyond
- Designate a Company Associate who can take advantage of your Field benefits on your behalf
Staple Crop Membership
$100 Annually. Sign up online
Intended for artists and companies at any career stage, this package offers many signature Field perks and resources.
- Apply for Artward Bound, a Members-only, FREE, 10-day creative residency program
- Submit to the Field Artist Residency Lottery drawings for Far Space Grants
- Gain access to Materials for the Arts and TDF Costume Collection as well as the benefit of nonprofit rental rates
- Receive a free subscription to Member News, a monthly newsletter of grants and opportunities
- Attend "Using Your Membership," an in-person tutorial on how to get the most out of your Field Membership benefits, (offered bi-annually)
- Utilize online resources on various topics, posted monthly
- Take advantage of member discounts for Career Workshops, Fieldwork, as well as creative residencies like the Emerging Artist Residency
- Letters confirming your affiliation with a nonprofit organization, providing access to discounted rental rates and enabling your donors to receive a tax-deduction on donated goods
If you are interested in Fiscal Sponsorship or have questions about which package is right for you, the first step is to contact Shawn René Graham, Artist Services Manager, at 212- 691-6969, ext. 17. Shawn René will answer questions and let you know when the next sponsored artist Information Session will occur. These meetings are usually held twice a month. Artists find them helpful as a means to learn more about the program, hear from other artists, and get materials related to the service. If you are a collective of artists, we encourage all that may have contact with The Field to attend a session to ensure that everyone is clear on our policies and procedures. If you cannot attend one of these meetings due to time or scheduling constraints, please talk with Shawn René about alternatives.
Already Attended a Sponsored Artist Information Session?
Join the Sponsored Artist Program now
Shawn Rene Graham
212-691-6969 x 17