URBAN / TRIBE Donate to this artist
URBAN / TRIBE is a unique community of artists built on the tribal principles of inclusion, community, collaboration, cooperation, and contribution. Founder, Mathew James, comes from the Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians in southern California. The tribe strives to create meaningful art that will raise social consciousness and inspire thoughful dialogue.
THE ARCHITECTURE OF HOME
The Architecture of Home is a project focused on using the creative art-making process to tell the stories of survivors of disasters that have destroyed their homes, refugees who have been displaced from their homes, and victims of extreme poverty and homelessness. This project dives into the question, “How do we define home? And how do we rebuild home after tragedy strikes?” Through this artistic process we will raise consciousness for these social issues, offer a platform for these survivors to express their stories as a form of healing, and raise funds for these communities who’s “homes” have been disrupted.
In order to conduct thoughtful research and create powerfully moving work we need funds to produces the four phases of this project
PHASE I: Research & Create
- Conduct first-hand research by working with survivors of natural disasters and disrupted & displaced homes
- We must raise funds to pay for space and time as we directly work with survivors
- Artist fees & rehearsal space costs
PHASE 2 II: Raise Consciousness
- Produce a film to document our creative process
- Present the film to raise funds that will be donated to the communities of displaced, disrupted, and destroyed homes
PHASE III: Share
- Produce a live performance to share our creative work
- Share our research and engage with a larger population to raise consciousness about the ogoing social issues
PHASE IIII: Give Back
- Ticket proceeds and donations from our live performance will be donated directly to the communites of displaced, disrupted, and destroyed homes
A CALL TO ACTION!
Join our tribe in these efforts to use art as a form of activism and healing. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to support this project. We are looking to raise a minimum of $10,000 to produce this project and create a platform to raise more funds that will be directly donated to the affected communities we are working with.
Funds raised for this project will be used for:
- Research & Creation
- Rehearsal Space
- Artist Fees
- Production Fees for film documentation
- Production Fees for live performance
- Venue Costs
- Donations to affected communites
To donate by check, please make a check payable to The Field with Bryn Cohn and Artists in the memo line.
75 Maiden Lane Suite 906
New York, NY 10038