For working artists, the world of grants, fundraising, and management practices can be hard to navigate.
That's why we provide expert tips, tools, and advice for creative professionals at any stage of their careers! Browse our programs below, and sign up for our mailing list for updates.
- Membership/Fiscal Sponsorship Sign up for free/discount access to creative resources, administrative tools, and development workshops scheduled throughout the year. Sponsored Artists enjoy tax-deductible donations, free reviews of grant proposals, plus hands-on fundraising support from The Field.
Professional Development Program Archive
- New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Toolbox: November 13, 2019 Join The Field’s Deputy Director Shawn René Graham for information session on eligibility, tips on writing a competitive application, and the guidelines for applying for a NYSCA grant. Attendance is strongly encouraged if you are a first-time applicant.
- MAP Fund Toolbox: September 17, 2019 Each year, the MAP Fund awards $1,000,000 to up to 40 projects across the country. If you are looking to throw your hat in the ring this year, come to The Field’s MAP Fund Toolbox session and learn about this competitive application process.
- Meet the Presenters, November 14, 2018 Get inside the minds of curators, producers, and major decision-makers with a lively panel discussion moderated by The Field's Deputy Director Shawn René Graham. Stick around after the talk for a meet & greet with representatives from Abrons Arts Center, the Chocolate Factory, Harlem Stage, La MaMa ETC, and BAAD! Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance.
- Field Leadership Fund 2015-2017 A paid 18-month Fellowship promoting diversity in leadership roles and moving emerging artists and arts managers into resilient, financially viable careers.
2015-2017 Field Leadership Fund photo by David Flores