For working artists, the world of grants, fundraising, and management practices can be hard to navigate.
That's why we provide expert tips, tools, and advice for creative professionals at any stage of their careers! Browse our programs below, and sign up for our mailing list for updates.
- NEW New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Toolbox: November 19, 2020 Join The Field’s Deputy Director Shawn René Graham for information session on eligibility, tips on writing a competitive application, and the guidelines for applying for a NYSCA grant. Attendance is strongly encouraged if you are a first-time applicant.
- The Field's 30 with Shawn René Our Deputy Director is here to help you navigate the arts sector in the best way possible. Whether you don't know where to start, or you just want to clarify your next steps, sign up for a one-on-one online chat with Shawn René Graham to get the tips and tools to move forward. Half-hour sessions available weekly on Wednesdays between 12pm and 2pm.
- Membership/Fiscal Sponsorship Sign up for free/discount access to creative resources, administrative tools, and development workshops scheduled throughout the year. Sponsored Artists enjoy tax-deductible donations, free reviews of grant proposals, plus hands-on fundraising support from The Field.
Professional Development Program Archive
- Is Fiscal Sponsorship right for you now?: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 Fiscal sponsorship can be an effective way for individual artists and emerging arts companies to start growing and sustaining their creative projects. This online info session is an opportunity to learn what The Field has to offer, ask questions about our Sponsored Artist Program benefits and other services, and get tips & tools on fundraising during the time of COVID-19 with Deputy Director Shawn René Graham.
- Meet the Presenters: November 14, 2018 Get inside the minds of curators, producers, and major decision-makers with a lively panel discussion moderated by The Field's Deputy Director Shawn René Graham. Stick around after the talk for a meet & greet with representatives from Abrons Arts Center, the Chocolate Factory, Harlem Stage, La MaMa ETC, and BAAD! Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance.
- Field Leadership Fund 2015-2017 A paid 18-month Fellowship promoting diversity in leadership roles and moving emerging artists and arts managers into resilient, financially viable careers.
2015-2017 Field Leadership Fund photo by David Flores