For working artists, the world of grants, fundraising, and management practices can be hard to navigate.
That's why we provide expert tips, tools, and advice for creative professionals at any stage of their careers! Browse our programs below, and sign up for our mailing list for updates.
- MAP Fund Toolbox, September 5, 2018 The MAP Fund is one of the leading sources of funding for contemporary performance in the United States. If you are looking to throw your hat in the ring, come to our MAP Fund workshop and learn about this competitive application process.
- New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Toolbox, January 16, 2019 Join The Field’s Deputy Director Shawn René Graham for information on eligibility, tips on writing a competitive application, and the guidelines for applying for a NYSCA grant. Attendance is strongly encouraged if you are a first-time applicant.
- Membership/Fiscal Sponsorship Sign up for free/discount access to creative resources, administrative tools, and development workshops scheduled throughout the year. Sponsored Artists enjoy tax-deductible donations, free reviews of grant proposals, plus hands-on fundraising support from The Field.
- Consultations with The Field Get one-on-one advice on the topics of budgets, grant proposals, self-producing, community engagement, and other areas of The Field's expertise - in one hour-long session!
Professional Development Program Archive
- Field Leadership Fund 2015-2017 A paid 18-month Fellowship promoting diversity in leadership roles and moving emerging artists and arts managers into resilient, financially viable careers.
- Artward Bound 2012-2015 A residency giving artists the time and space to develop new performance pieces and to engage in workshops on career sustainability.
2015-2017 Field Leadership Fund photo by David Flores