For working artists, the world of grants, fundraising, and management practices can be hard to navigate.
That's why we provide expert tips, tools, and advice for creative professionals at any stage of their careers! Browse our programs below, and sign up for our mailing list for updates.
- Securing the Bag: Economic Justice and Equitable Pay in the Art World (for Activate Equity, February 2, 2019) Artivist Kiyan Williams leads this creative brain storming session and skill-share about accessing resources and negotiating payment as independently contracted artists, focused on artists from communities that are subject to economic disenfranchisement.
- Membership/Fiscal Sponsorship Sign up for free/discount access to creative resources, administrative tools, and development workshops scheduled throughout the year. Sponsored Artists enjoy tax-deductible donations, free reviews of grant proposals, plus hands-on fundraising support from The Field.
- Consultations with The Field Get one-on-one advice on the topics of budgets, grant proposals, self-producing, community engagement, and other areas of The Field's expertise - in one hour-long session!
Professional Development Program Archive
- New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Toolbox, January 16, 2019 Join The Field’s Deputy Director Shawn René Graham for information session on eligibility, tips on writing a competitive application, and the guidelines for applying for a NYSCA grant. Attendance is strongly encouraged if you are a first-time applicant.
- Meet the Presenters, November 14, 2018 Get inside the minds of curators, producers, and major decision-makers with a lively panel discussion moderated by The Field's Deputy Director Shawn René Graham. Stick around after the talk for a meet & greet with representatives from Abrons Arts Center, the Chocolate Factory, Harlem Stage, La MaMa ETC, and BAAD! Bronx Academy of Arts and Dance.
- Field Leadership Fund 2015-2017 A paid 18-month Fellowship promoting diversity in leadership roles and moving emerging artists and arts managers into resilient, financially viable careers.
2015-2017 Field Leadership Fund photo by David Flores