Artists need studio space, time, and peer support in order to thrive.
Our seasonal creative workshop, Fieldwork, provides these things and more! Fieldwork artists meet for 6 to 8 weeks to show works in progress and share objective, non-directorial feedback led by experienced facilitators. Each season kicks off with an Open Trial Day: a one-time, low cost opportunity to try our unique methodology before signing up for the full program. Learn more about Fieldwork.
Not in New York but interested in Fieldwork? Check out our Field Network sites in the US and Europe.
- 2019 National Field Network Conference in Portland, Oregon (April 5-7, 2019) Artists, administrators, curators, and all other stakeholders in the Fieldwork program are invited to our biennial Field Network Conference! This conference gathers our Network Members so that they can strategically support local artists and strengthen their arts communities, and also provides training for artists who are developing Fieldwork sites in new cities. Click here to register as a Network Member | Click here if you are NOT a Field Network Member
- The Field Network - National Touring Exchange This program enables our Field Network Sites to build their capacities by working with other Field Network Sites. Represented by one dance/movement-based artist/Fieldwork Facilitator, one Network site travels to another one for 2-7 days to learn, share, collaborate and grow.
Creative Program Archive:
- Fielday 2018: Socially Engaged Black Panthers, rabbits, and polar bears - oh my! For the return of our classic live performance showcase, we asked artists to share short works demonstrating social engagement. Watch the Fielday 2018 trailer.
- 30 Artists/30 Years Fielday A 30 year anniversary performing arts marathon featuring long-term Field friends Camille A Brown, the TEAM ensemble, Kyoung H. Park, and more.
- Artward Bound A 10-day residency for artists to deepen their creative process.