Artists need studio space, time, and peer support in order to thrive.
Our seasonal creative workshop, Fieldwork, provides these things and more! Fieldwork artists meet for 6 to 8 weeks to show works in progress and share objective, non-directorial feedback led by experienced facilitators. Each season kicks off with an Open Trial Day: a one-time, low cost opportunity to try our unique methodology before signing up for the full program. Learn more about Fieldwork.
Not in New York but interested in Fieldwork? Check out our Field Network sites in the US and Europe.
- Fieldwork Open Trial Day | September 25 Test drive the Fieldwork methodology at this one-time, low-cost, multi-disciplinary workshop facilitated by dance artist, writer and educator Shalewa Mackall. Bring 10 minutes of work - at any stage in your progress - and get ready to share, engage, and learn!
- Fieldwork Fall 2018 | October 2 - November 6 Take risks, share works in progress, and exchange non-directorial, artist-to-artist feedback in a studio setting. This 6-week session will be facilitated by Shalewa Mackall, and will take place at Spaceworks Williamsburgh Library.
- The Field Network - National Touring Exchange This program enables our Field Network Sites to build their capacities by working with other Field Network Sites. Represented by one dance/movement-based artist/Fieldwork Facilitator, one Network site travels to another one for 2-7 days to learn, share, collaborate and grow.
Creative Program Archive:
- Fielday 2018: Socially Engaged Black Panthers, rabbits, and polar bears - oh my! For the return of our classic live performance showcase, we asked artists to share short works demonstrating social engagement.
- 30 Artists/30 Years Fielday A 30 year anniversary performing arts marathon featuring long-term Field friends Camille A Brown, the TEAM ensemble, Kyoung H. Park, and more.
- Artward Bound A 10-day residency for artists to deepen their creative process.