Artists need studio space, time, and peer support in order to thrive.
Our seasonal creative workshop, Fieldwork, provides these things and more! Fieldwork artists meet for 6 to 8 weeks to show works in progress and share objective, non-directorial feedback led by experienced facilitators. Each season kicks off with an Open Trial Day: a one-time, low cost opportunity to try our unique methodology before signing up for the full program. Learn more about Fieldwork.
Not in New York but interested in Fieldwork? Check out our Field Network sites in the US and Europe.
- Spring 2018 Fieldwork Open Trial Day: March 19 ($10) Test drive the Fieldwork methodology at a one-time workshop facilitated by James Scruggs.
- Spring 2018 Fieldwork Session: March 26-May 29 ($130-155) Sign up for the full 8-week Fieldwork session, facilitated by James Scruggs.
- Fielday: May 19 ($15) Our live performance showcase returns! Join us for an evening of 10-minute works by select media and performing artists representing The Field.
Creative Program Archive:
- 30 Artists/30 Years Fielday A 30 year anniversary performing arts marathon featuring long-term Field friends Camille A Brown, the TEAM ensemble, Kyoung H. Park, and more.
- Artward Bound A 10-day residency for artists to deepen their creative process.
WIP from Fieldwork Open Trial Day Summer 2016. Photo by Wilfredo Hernandez