As of April 19, 2021; The Field has discontinued the $100 per year "Basic Membership" AKA "Staple Crop" program. New sign-ups and renewals are no longer available at this level. The $250 per year Fiscal Sponsorship program will remain unchanged through the end of May, 2021.
On June 1st, 2021; The Field will launch a new platform with two membership levels available:
- Custom Profile Page
- Knowledge Base (Resource Library)
- Access to our searchable database of grants, residencies, and other artist development opportunities
- Monthly Newsletter
$12 per month OR $110 per year, subject to approval. A 7% fee will apply to all financial transactions processed by The Field.
- Everything in the Standard
- Collect tax-deductible donations by credit card through your custom profile page
- Create instant crowdfunding campaigns and manage them through your artist profile
- Receive free, expert review & feedback on your grant applications and fundraising materials
- Accept recurring donations
- Accept stock donations
- Eligibility to accept in-kind donations
- Save on consultations with Field staff
- Access free (or discounted) resources at partnering organizations
- Obtain thank-you letters, tax receipts, affiliation letters, and other admin documents instantly online
What does this mean for current members of The Field?
If you paid $100 for a year of Basic Membership with The Field between June 1st, 2020 through April 19th, 2021; The Field staff will provide you with a credit for Fiscal Sponsorship. The value of this credit will be pro-rated 1:1 according to the remaining time left on your membership starting June 1st, 2021. Example: If you had six months remaining on your Basic Membership, your credit will be applicable for six months of Fiscal Sponsorship on the new platform.
If you paid $250 for a year of Fiscal Sponsorship with The Field between June 1st, 2020 and May 31st, 2021; your expiration date will be extended on a 2:1 basis according to the remaining time on your sponsorship starting June 1st, 2021. Example: If your original expiration date was scheduled for one month after the new platform launch (or July 1, 2021), then it will be extended to two months after the new platform launch (or August 1, 2021).
If you have any questions or concerns about the transition for either membership level, please contact Operations Manager Nancy Ahn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your patience, understanding, and (we hope) shared excitement for these changes!